Throughout recent years the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (USCPSC) has issued several fire sprinkler head recalls. These recalls have been followed by manufacturer assisted replacement programs involving partial or full compensation for replacement of these USCPSC recall affected products.
Are There Recalled Fire Sprinklers in Your Facility?
It is always a good idea to check and see if your facility’s fire sprinklers have been recalled. The assisted/ reimbursement programs are typically offered for a limited time period. The fire sprinklers have been recalled due to situations which involved failed fire sprinklers when in service during a fire resulting in extensive property damage and/ or loss of life. It is extremely important to address these defective items immediately.
Legendary Fire Systems can assist in identifying if your facility contains these items as well as provide a plan of attack for an effective device replacement.
USCPSC Manufacture and Model Numbers Product Recalls
Some manufacture and model numbers of these USCPSC product recalls are as follows:
- Central Omega sprinklers (manufactured from 1982 – 1998, approximately 10 million sprinklers affected)
- Models C1, C1A, C1A PRO, C1A PRO QR, C1A PRO ID, EC 20, EC 20A, EC 20 AID, R1, R1 A, R1 M, FC, M Protector, HEC12, HEC12 RES, HEC12 EC, HEC12 EC PRO, HEC12 ID, HEC12 PRO, HEC12 PRO QR, HEC20, HEC20 ID, Prohibitor QR, and AC
- Star dry sprinklers (manufactured from 1961 through 1976, approximately 1 million sprinklers affected)
- Models D1, RD1, RE1, E1, and ME1
- Central O Ring wet sprinklers (manufactured from 1989 to 2000, approximately 33 million sprinklers affected)
- Models GB, GBJ, GB1, GB ALPHA, GB4, GBQR, GBR2, GBEC, GB4FR, GB4EC, GB4QREC, GB20, GB20QR, GBLO, LF, GBR, GBR1, GBRS, ROC, BB1, BB2, BB3, SD1, SD2, SD3, HIP, WS, ELOLH, ELOC, ESLO, ELOSW20, ELOSW24, ESLO20GB, ELO231GB, ELOGB, ELO231GBQR, ELOGBQR, LD, K17231, Ultra K17, ELO16GB, GB MULTI LEVEL, GBQR MULTI LEVEL, and ELO16GBFR
- Central O Ring dry sprinkler (manufactured from 1975 to 2001, approximately 2 million sprinklers affected)
- Models A1, H1, J, K, GB, GBQR, GB4, GB4FR, GB4EC, GB4QREC, ELO231GB, ELOGBQR, ELO16GB, and ELO16GBFR
- Gem O Ring On OFF sprinklers (manufactured from 1995 to 2001, approximately 101,000 sprinklers affected)
- Model F927
- Star O Ring dry sprinklers (manufactured from 1996 to 1998, approximately 66,000 sprinklers affected)
- Models ME1, SGQR, QQR, SG, and Q
- Globe dry sprinklers (Manufactured from 1990 to 1999, approximately 300,000 sprinklers affected)
- Model J
Los Angeles Fire Sprinkler Specialists
Contact a Legendary Fire Systems specialists today to inquire about these and other USCPSC recalled fire systems components.